Thursday, May 23, 2019

TIDY TIME

When picking up the assorted bits and pieces that had found homes on my cutting table, I came across this orphan block.

The centre square was a basket
 set on point which didn't coordinate with the remainder of the blocks that I collected several years ago during a shop hop.
   
Later, a friend made a vest with an Easter panel, but didn't use any of the applique pieces.  I made the block larger, with corners so that the basket would sit upright and I used the flowers, eggs and bunny with paws to fill the basket.

I checked through my seasonal fabrics and found a few that were Easter related.  The corner blocks and the outer border were fabrics that I used in an Easter dress for my granddaughter, and the green print with bunnies was in my stash.  I used the border fabric to make binding, and will put it into the row of quilts waiting for quilting.

It was the most enjoyable "tidy up" job that I've done this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.