Thursday, December 27, 2018

FINAL FINISH FOR 2018


During the past 12 months, I've been downloading and stitching some lovely patterns from Jenny of ELEPHANTZ

She offered a free BOM in 2018, with a new pattern each month.










I love hand embroidery, and had recently organized all my leftover threads from past projects and kits into zip bags, with one for each colour. 
It was fun to hunt through the bags each month to find some threads.

When I finished the December block, DH and I headed to my favourite local quilt shop to look for 2 fabrics to complete the project.
  I was having a difficult time choosing, as I didn't want the print to overwhelm my embroideries. 

(If you notice the pins in some of the pictures, I used them to mark registration points for the machine quilting.)










 DH asked me to give him some of the blocks, and a few minutes later he returned with the perfect bolt of fabric!





















 











I'll share a picture of the completed quilt when DH is available as quilt holder!  The green frame was chosen to complement the print fabric.....

I've also been getting my fabric cut for a paper pieced mystery quilt that I'm doing with my winter quilt group.  I chose an autumn palette this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.