Wednesday, August 29, 2018

MISSING IN ACTION!

I can't believe that I have been "missing" for two months!  Where has the time gone......
Our quilt show was a huge success, thanks to all the tired volunteers who helped fill the many positions.
DH and I have been spending a lot of time with our f
amily.  DS2 and family had some important jobs to do to their home, so many hours were spent helping.  Also DDIL2 is expecting a new family addition soon, so we also helped keep our grandson busy.  He spent almost 2 weeks with us in July, and is returning for a week in September.  He has moved into his new "big brother" room, after DH painted it GREEN, his favourite colour.
We also had a visit from both of my brothers and their wives - a first for us.  We had fun sharing information about growing families, eating and relaxing.  We hope to repeat the visit at my middle brother's home later in the fall.
I have been quilting too!  I finished the machine quilting and added the binding on 5 quilts for my guild's community quilts program during the past 2 months.  I also finished my wall hanging that was started during the early months of 2018.
H This is my version of Diamond Hill by Esther Aliu.  I made some minor changes, and omitted the appliqued border.  The green print was leftover cotton from my neice's bridesmaid dresses from the 80's.  After making 5 dresses, I had lots of off-cuts from the gored skirts, and have been whittling away at it ever since!

 Here are some close-ups of the blocks to show the quilting.

I plan to update my 2018 page soon, and add all the additional projects that have been in the works while I have been MIA.


 DH and I have been attending many of the plays at the Thousand Island Playhouse in Gananoque ON.  We have friends who have season passes, so we usually tag along with them.  Our group ranges from 4 to 8 attending together.  Good thing our old van has seating for 8 adults!
DH and his friend have also been entertaining at local nursing homes, and senior residence around town, billed as Three for a Quarter.  The have fun playing a big variety of music from the 30's on to today, telling jokes, and visiting with the residents.  They love to see people singing along.  DH says they don't have to be really good, as many people remember the original music when it is being played/sung!  I think they do an awesome job!  I joined DH on July 4th as we entertained for a resident's 100th birthday.  She had many relatives and friends visiting to share her day.  I played my flute along with DH on the guitar, and even sang along on a couple of songs.  It was a great way to spend the afternoon!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.