Sunday, May 7, 2017

STASH REPORT SUNDAY 7 MAY 2017

Fabric used this week  0 yards

Fabric used year to date  69.625 yards

Fabric added this week  0 yards

Fabric added year to date  51 yards
Net used 2017  18.625 yards
We've been home for a month, and my report hasn't changed at all!
We seem to take longer each year to get back into the groove.....
We've had lots of rain since we returned, and there is some localized flooding, but not near our home, so far.  Lake Ontario has an extremely high water level, and many docks and waterside properties are flooded as well.  The damp weather, along with our return to a home with stairs has been playing havoc with my knee.
We've had 2 trips to spend time with our grandson, and will be returning next weekend again - our younger son and daughter-in-law are celebrating their 5th anniversary.  We plan to send them out for some together time.  They had a huge fir tree uprooted in their yard during a late winter storm.  Most of it fell into the neighbour's yard, but the uprooted stump remained in theirs.  DH has been trying to dig it out, and cut off as many parts as he could, but finally had to give up - it is just too large.  Our son had a company come and give him an estimate for grinding the stump, and since the 5th anniversary is "wood", we offered to pay for the work....

I attended my guild meeting on Wednesday - great to see lots of familiar faces.  I sat with 2 newish members and told them about several of the fun activities coming up.  We played "strip bingo" - the cost was 8 fabric strips @ 2 1/2 inches by WOF.  I was relieved when I didn't win - I have every inch of storage space packed, so I better get using some fabric!  I was handed two small quilts to complete for our community quilts project, and spent the last 2 days machine quilting, and attaching the binding and sewing on the label.  It gave me time to catch up on some of my favourite TV shows that have been waiting.

I've been working on a super scrappy quilt top, using lots of orphan blocks and small bonus half square triangle units.  It is super scrappy, even for me, but I'm sure it will keep someone warm when it is finished.

Check out all the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.