Monday, May 22, 2017

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

We received great news yesterday.  The eldest daughter of our dear friends is getting married on September 2nd!  We have know the bride since she was a year old, along with her middle sister who graduates with an engineering degree next week, and her brother, who is our Godson!  This will be quite the year for this family, and we're happy to be asked to share their celebrations.  Of coarse, I spent the evening coming up with a plan for a quilt for her and her husband to be!  

When looking through my orphan blocks, I found these six blocks, leftover from a double Irish chain quilt that I made a few years ago.

I also had a stack of 4-patch blocks that I made as "leaders and enders" during the winter.  Using these, along with 2-patch units with a light fabric and a centre dark square,  I'll have the blocks made in no time!  I have already pulled an assortment of light fabrics for the alternate blocks as well.  I want to have lots of time to concentrate on the quilting of this special quilt. 

I'm joining others at a new "design wall Monday" link-up today, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. I think the new quilt will be great for the new bride and groom. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.