Monday, July 4, 2016

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Now that my community quilt projects are completed, waiting for the next workshop, I finally pulled out the stack of "one block wonder" blocks that were waiting.  I cut and stitched the half blocks while South last winter, but I don't have a big enough design wall to play with the layout.

I spent a couple of hours, arranging and re-arranging the blocks until I was happy with my choice, and yesterday I began stitching them into vertical rows.  Of course, DH took one look at the blocks and asked for his sunglasses!  I love bright, funky "what were they thinking of" prints for stack n whack blocks!


I managed to stitch a few of the rows before we headed out for dinner with friends and a concert in the park.  I began stitching on the darker side of the quilt....

Making stack n whack style quilts always puts a smile on my face.  Now back to stitching!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times , and  Monday Makings at Love Laugh Quilt.

7 comments:

  1. I like it! The fabric really makes the quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric! It is fantastic for stack n whack. The effect is like a modern stain glass window with the sun shining thru. Clever of you to see the potential in this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy quilt! I can see it making a child's day -- or an adult's, for that matter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brightly colored blocks do look fun! Husbands have no veto power in the sewing room! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fabric you chose! I've made 7 of these and taught the class over 40 times and never tire of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very bright and fun! Love your color gradation from yellow to the blues and teals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't actually like the original fabric, but what you have done with it is brilliant. You have proved that there is no ugly fabric!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.