Wednesday, January 28, 2015


I spent all day yesterday, machine quilting, and managed to stitch the binding on and trim the excess fabric too.  I sat and hand-stitched the binding while chatting with friends, and watching TV, and was able to complete the binding after breakfast this morning!

I took this picture on an angle, to show some of the quilting.  I stitched a "double stitched" grid in the centre of the panel, then echo-stitched around the flowers.  There is lots of stitch-in-the-ditch elsewhere, as well as accent stitching around the flowers in the borders.
Here is my completed project.  I named it Victory Garden, after the line of fabric.  I had fun stitching the mitered corners on the two floral borders.  I had to add some compensating strips to make my flying geese border fit.  Now I have to decide what I want to do with this project! 


  1. It's even more beautiful as I thought it would be, Susan!

  2. Gorgeous! I love the large florals and scallops.

  3. Its beautiful!!!! Another great finish!!

  4. Perfect name. It's so pretty! Love your quilting on it.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.