Friday, December 26, 2014


I had stitched some fan units made from left-over 30's fabrics, so I decided to complete the project before starting anything new.  I added the quarter circle centre to each one, then added background triangles to 2 of the sides.  I stitched 2 sets of 4 fans, and 2 sets of 2 fans, then cut a rectangle of background fabric to fit, along with some corner triangles and came up with a table runner.
The appliques were leftover from a vest panel that I bought about 20 years ago for $1.  I made the vest to donate to my guild for the quilt show boutique and brought the appliques south.  I hand stitched them to the runner, using lovely silk thread.
I stitched a double grid (thanks Inbox Jaunt for great quilting ideas), then stitched a wavy fill in the alternate squares.  I stitched some flowers in the centre row, and echo stitched around the appliques.

Once this was completed, I cut yellow, aqua, black and pink squares and complete part 5 of Bonnie's mystery quilt.  The rest will have to wait until we return south, as we're heading north to assist on the "big move" to DS and DDIL's first house.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.