Monday, December 1, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I, like so many others, am working on Grand Illusion, the mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.  So far, I've made the 280 half-square triangle units in Step 1.


They are waiting patiently for me to cut the yellow and black squares to complete the 100 broken dishes blocks.
This is my collection of pinks and aquas from my stash.  I was fortunate that Bonnie sent out the fabric requirements before we headed south, so I could "shop my stash".
I've also been working on a miniature paper pieced wall hanging.


This is the first of five spinning star blocks.  The rest are partly stitched into block 1/4's, and are waiting to be stitched into 1/2's and then the final block.

The blocks finish at 4 1/2 inches.  I found that I had to be very organized to get the right colours in the right spots.

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times

I'm also linking to the Grand Illusion link-up here.

5 comments:

  1. Love your colors for Grand Illusion. But, I sure don't consider the blocks I've been seeing as broken dishes. I'm going to have to get out my Brackman's and see what all the different broken dishes blocks look like! It's going to be fun to see these quilts develop over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bright colors, I look forward to watching your progress. Love your spinning star block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna be a gorgeous GI. Your star block looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lot of cutting, huh? I'm glad she gave us the color cards. What a clever idea . This is my first mystery quilt ever. I've only been quilting a little more than a year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.