Friday, December 19, 2014

A COUPLE OF SMALL FINISHES

I've been busy with Bonnie's mystery quilt, Grand Illusion, but I managed to get a couple of small items finished this week.

 First is a miniature quilt called Shooting Star.  It is 23 inches square, and made with some gradated fabrics leftover from a previous project.
The blocks are paper pieced from a pattern in a 20 year old magazine!
I stitched feathers in the wide border, and a feathered wreath in the cornerstones.
I also layered and quilted this cute panel that has been in my stash for quite a while.  I used yellow "gingham" flannel on the back.  The stuffed animals, letters and shapes are outlined, with a large stiple in the background.
I stitched alternating leaves in the faux pieced border
I'm sure it will keep a little one warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.