Friday, June 7, 2013

HEXAGON FRIDAY


I managed to get rows 4 and 5 added to the piece, along with the dark burgundy border.  I'm working from the centre out, making blocks for 2 rows at a time, so I can balance the colours.  

This is the next unit, and I need to make 26 to complete the next 2 rows.  This is also the last part of the quilt that uses the light blue background.  The next background is used in the rest of the quilt centre, and in the borders closest to the burgundy frame.  There will be a third colour for the background on the outside edges of the final pieced borders.
Check out other hexagon projects here!http://quiltingreadersgarden.blogspot.com/2013/06/its-hexie-friday-6713.html

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be so lovely...what pattern are you following for this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it! I sewed absolutely nothing....grin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.