Monday, March 25, 2013


I've been working on my guild's BOM projects for the last few days.  I finished the top of version 1 - picture to come later.

The final border for version 2 is supposed to be paper pieced.  This required 40 sheets of paper to print all the parts.  Instead, I made templates, after printing one copy.  There were some funky angles in the design, but I taped the template to the back of a ruler to cut the angle and it worked perfectly.
 This is the two different colours for part one of the border block.  Part two will get sewn tomorrow.

Our final company of the season is arriving tomorrow, for a two day visit.  Yesterday I baked 4 loaves of fruit bread, and a sour cream coffee cake and some whole wheat bread today.  That will be the final bread baking before we re-locate.

Every year we have the difficulty of trying to use up all the perishable groceries.  We've been working away at it, but dinner invitations have caused some set-backs.  Most of our full-time neighbours do very little cooking (breakfast and the odd lunch).  They seem to prefer eating out with friends, so they have little requirement for extras.  Everyone is having "must go" parties, but I found that even when taking a dish to a pot luck, it doesn't seem to help. 

Check out all the creative progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.


  1. Great idea to save on printing. And the marking of the ruler is a lifesaver or should I say fabric saver.
    Take care!!

  2. Your little blocks are interesting and I like the colors. Looking forward to seeing more of the quilt.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.