Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quilt Top Finished

I managed to get the borders sewn onto my orphan block quilt top.  I haven't decided what to use for the binding.....

I spent some time with my friend yesterday, doing the same for her quilt.  I gave her some of the similar blocks.  She is looking for backing for hers, then she'll be over to quilt using my Juki.  She has an old Kenmore machine that works wonderfully, but she hasn't been able to find a walking foot to fit - it is a super high shank, I think.

I delivered the 5 baby quilts from panels to the organizer of the community quilts program for my guild, and I added the three flannel scrap rail fence quilts that I had made from leftover flannel.  I'm sure they will be appreciated by whoever receives them!

I finished piecing the backing for a couple of quilt tops that have been hanging around my sewing room, so I'll be pin-basting today, then quilting for the next couple of days.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are always so busy and productive and always for such a worthy cause! Good for you! This quilt is really fun. I especially like the pinwheels across the top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.