Monday, July 12, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I finished all five of the baby quilts for my guild.  Then on Friday, my good friend came over for the morning to machine quilt a project she has been making.  She has been unable to find a walking foot to fit her machine, so I suggested she use mine.  She was making a "prayer quilt" for her church.  She managed to finish it, except for stitching the binding, and did that before taking it to church on Sunday.
While she was here, she mentioned that they like to have a "kid friendly" quilt available, just in case, so I found some blocks I had made a couple of years ago.  We played with a layout, pinned them in rows, and I even sent her home with some fabric to use for sashing.  That left me with 5 remaining blocks.  I decided to put them in the "orphan block basket", but while doing so, I found a few more that were hidden away, so I was able to begin this quilt......
I added a couple of rows of pinwheel blocks, also from the orphan basket.  Now I need to finishing sewing on the outside borders, then I think I'll add one more to make it a good cosy size....
Check out Judy's blog for more links to Design Wall Monday...

5 comments:

  1. way to use the lost orphan blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of orphan blocks. That will be a great kid friendly quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Amazing what we can pull out of our baskets!
    glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes those "orphan" block quilts become the most interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! How nice that you were able to put together such a fast project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.