Thursday, January 17, 2019

STILL STITCHING

No finishes yet!  My group has been making a paper pieced wallhanging, using a pattern by Carol Doak.  I have my quilt top completed, but haven't decided on a backing fabric yet.
This is a picture of all the pieces, cut, labeled and ready to stitch.

This is my completed top.  I changed the orientation of the side-centre blocks (they were supposed to be stitched to form an X shape).  I called it my mistake,  design decision!  There are several in my group trying this pattern, and I am excited to see all the different quilts when they are completed.

We are also working on a pieced project, but I think that there are only 3 of us working on it at this time.  There are 9 fabrics used in the quilt top, and all the pieces were cut before any sewing occured.  Again, zipper bags to the rescue, as each colour had a bag, and I labelled all the parts with their designation.  It certainly made it easier to work on each step, by colour and part number!
I have the blocks completed, but they need another border around each before they go together into the quilt top. The sets of blocks form pinwheels in different directions.  As you can tell by my colour choices, my main colour is pink, in honour of my new granddaughter!  I hope this will be used in her room in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.