Wednesday, May 16, 2018


I'm late with my report this week.  I've been busy making labels for my quilts, and preparing cloth bags with labels for each as well.  My guild's quilts show is approaching quickly.  Tomorrow I'll be running a photography session all day, to take pictures of the entries for our CD, that will be for sale at the show.  DH is my able assistant, helping with setting up stands, backdrops, lighting, etc., and he is skilled at handling quilts as well!  I think he's a keeper.

I completed a Christmas table topper - I had made one to donate to my guild's dinner in  December, and made a second top at the same time.  I quilted it, and adding binding, so it will be ready for the boutique.  I used Superior Thread's Glitter hologram mylar thread to quilt the centre, but unfortunately it doesn't photograph well.

I made a Stack n Whack quilt a while ago, and had a narrow strip, with 6 matched layers remaining.  I decided to cut it into as many 60 degree triangles as I could, and managed to make 18 blocks that measure 2 1/2 inches across.  I added a dark blue border, and pinned it to my design wall.  Last week, when I went searching for an additional border fabric, I discovered a floral stripe that had been in my stash for a long time.  It looks like it might have been from the same line of fabric......  Another item for the boutique at the quilt show in June.

I'm linking with  Small Quilts and Doll Quilts .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.