Saturday, April 7, 2018

HOME SAFE AND SOUND

We had a pretty uneventful trip north.  Clear blue skies for the first 2 days, but strong cross winds and lots of traffic on the interstates.  There were dogwoods peeking out between the trees along the highways in South Carolina, and the redbuds joined in as we continued north.  There were a few banks of bright yellow forsythia to add to the beauty.
It was much colder on day 3!  We had grey clouds for the first half of the day, and when we got into New York state, there was snow on the fields and under the trees.   There were 3 deer and a fawn feeding on some green grass in a meadow. We had a lovely lunch before crossing the border toward home.  There was still some ice on the St. Lawrence river, but the sun began to shine as we crossed the Ivy Lee Bridge into Canada.

We turned up the heat in the house as soon as we arrived, and began emptying our van.  There were tubs, boxes, bags and various items everywhere.  We still have lots of unpacking to do, but made a quick trip to the grocery store, and then ate dinner at home!

Tomorrow I'll have to get the bins unpacked, but my sewing room will take a bit longer to get set up.  Good thing I made some blocks to embroider for the trip! 

I hope to be back to my sewing in a day or so.  I also found out that my guild meeting scheduled for the  4th was cancelled due to a serious storm, causing power outages and is rescheduled for April 13th, so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely, Susan! I wondered whether those awful storms would delay you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.