Sunday, March 11, 2018

TWO FINISHES AND STASH REPORT

Fabric used this week  25.5 yards
Fabric used year to date  48.625 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  39.625 yards
Net used 2018  9 yards

I finished two projects this week.  I made 12 thread catchers to donate to my guild's boutique at the June quilt show.  I saw a demo online, using rings cut from Pringles cans, and cardboard circles cut from a cereal box for the bottoms.  They are all hand stitched, and twist to fold to take along anywhere.  

I also finished a larger quilt, made with stash fabric, as well as some yardage that I bought at an end of the year sale.  The quilt is called "Celestial Magic", and I had drawn it using EQ7, and found the file when I was upgrading to version 8.  Of course, I didn't make a note of where I saw the quilt, so I can't give credit to the designer (bad quilter!)  I don't have a full picture of the quilt, but I did take some shots of some of the quilting.
The quilt is made of two different blocks, set on point.  The star block uses the Tri Rec ruler to make the points, and has 4-patches and a square in square centre.

The alternate block is a large 9-patch block with black sashing.  I stitched a square flower in the orange-red centre, using King Tut thread from Superior thread.
I purposely did not stitch on any of the black areas in the quilt, with the exception of the centre of the star.  All the gray areas were stitching with light grey thread.
All the small orange-red squares in the interior were stitched with swirls, and the green squares had a leaf stitched in each.
The border is simple 4-patch blocks.  The orange-red was stitched with a flower, and more leaves stitched in the green areas.  I stitched feather hooks in the gray areas, alternating right and left around the quilt.

All the quilting was stitched free motion, and I used the width of the foot to space the lines in the light gray areas - I don't have a ruler foot.
I'll have to wait until I can get our neighbour to come and help hold the quilt for a full picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.