Wednesday, October 18, 2017


I can't believe that I haven't posted since the end of July!

We've been busy, with family, DH has been entertaining at nursing homes and senior residences in our area, along with his friend and bass player, I've been machine quilting more quilts for my guilds community quilts program, and we have been on the road frequently.

Here is the picture of the finished "Autumn Orphan" quilt.  I've also added some close-ups of the quilting.

In early August, our son and family came for a visit, and our grandson, age 2 1/2, stayed with us for a week after his parents returned home.  This is the longest that they had been separated, and the adults didn't do as well as the little one.

He loves construction vehicles, and we picked up 6 small ones for him to play with.  Lucky for us, just a block away, the city was replacing a storm drain, and every day for the length of his visit, he and Grandpa walked over to watch the excavators and dump trucks at work.
We had a great visit!  
When we returned him home, we went to see my middle brother, who was in the hospital.  He was supposed to have a 2 1/2 hour surgery, but it lasted 8 1/2 hours after they detected cancer.

There was a complication on the day after his operation, and he ended up staying in the hospital for four weeks.  He lost almost 40 pounds by the time he returned home.  He is recovering slowly, and still has to undergo radiation and chemo, but has a positive attitude, and a wonderful wife and family to provide him with the support that he needs.

In early September, we had our grandson for another week!  His parents managed better the second time, and discovered that they could get lots done when he was away.  They even had time for a dinner out!   We seem to be constantly packing and unpacking, as our family lives 4 1/2 hours away, and requires us to drive across the city of Toronto each time!  Not for the faint of heart.
We also attended our good friends' daughter's wedding, and we gifted them the double Irish chain quilt.

Since then, I've been busy catching up on my quilting projects, including working on my guild's block of the month project.  Our guild is having a quilt show in June, and I found a few items, and made some more to donate to the boutique.

I made this quick table topper for my guild's Christmas dinner, even though I won't be attending.  I have a large stash of Christmas fabric, and I'm trying to use more of it.  Unfortunately, this only used  1.75 yards.

By the way, I've used 60.25 yards of fabric this year, after deducting the 52 yards that I've added to my stash.

Today I looked through the quilts that I have made since the last show, trying to decide which ones to enter.  Since the entry pictures need to be in by February, (when I'll be south for the winter), I need to select a few now.

Suddenly, it is time to pack for our winter in the south.  I've already sent a notice to be published in our community newsletter, letting everyone know the start date for our weekly quilt group.  Now I just have to plan some projects to take along!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogland. I had not posted since April and had almost forgotten how to add and edit pictures to post. lol Time does fly by when life intercedes. It's good to be busy though. I like your fall blocks and table topper for Christmas party.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.