Monday, October 23, 2017

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I am in mid-pack for our winter visit in the south.  My machine is packed, ready for travel, along with lots of projects to work on over the winter.  My threads, rulers, cutters, and tons of other items too numerous to mention are packed into totes, ready to be loaded in our van.

I have 2 design walls in my basement studio.  This is the smaller one, next to my sewing desk.  I have pinned up some orphan blocks, and have been hoping for some inspiration.  The panel on the bottom left is a tiny "stack n whack" panel, made from leftover fabric.  I might have to finish it as a miniature, or a small wall hanging.
My larger design wall is in the narrow hallway opposite the staircase, and is almost impossible to photograph!

First is my hourglass leader and ender project - I'll continue with this next year....

 When I was making my table topper for my guild's Christmas dinner, it was just as easy to make 2, so the top is in waiting for quilting.
I found the bunny, eggs and flowers appliques in a bag, leftover from a previous project, and had the basket block from a shop hop kit.  I appliqued the parts, and hope to make it into a table topper in the spring.
I used this pretty floral stripe to make a mitered border on a quilt, and just couldn't throw away the cut-offs!
Leftover half units from the one block wonder quilt I made last year.  I'm hoping that inspiration hits, so I can use these pieces.

Right now, they all have to wait until spring, and by then, I'm sure I'll have a few leftovers from my winter quilting to add to the mix!



Fabric used this week  1.75 yards
Fabric used year to date  112.25 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  52 yards
Net used 2017  60.25 yards

I'm linking with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts here, and Love, Laugh Quilt: Monday here!






1 comment:

  1. I love seeing what you have on your design walls. I keep a few orphan blocks on mine, too, hoping for inspiration - or reminding me that there's something I ought to be finishing. I love your Christmas table topper, too. Clever to make two at once! Found you at Monday Making.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.