Sunday, March 12, 2017


Fabric used this week 7.125 yards
Fabric used year to date  49.75 yards
Fabric added this week  14 yards
Fabric added year to date  44.5 yards
Net used 2017  5.25 yards

My stats are up and down like a see-saw!  Another internet sale found me last week.  I didn't catch DH's cold and cough, but have been feeling just a bit stuffy, with little energy all week - I think that made me weak enough to be lured in by a sale!

I took pictures of my last two finishes this morning.....
 The row quilt uses a pattern by Lori Holt.  I added a border from Judy Laquidara's book, "60 Pieced  Quilt Borders".  It was a sew-along a couple of years ago.  Since I was determined to use my scraps this winter, I used lots of 5 in squares, 1 1/2 inch strips, and all the background fabric was cut from small pieces that had been hiding on my shelves for quite a while.  I did have to cut into some yardage for some of the larger pieces, and for the final gray border.

I was inspired by Nann's Ripple quilt shown here.  It uses 1 1/2 inch strips, so I pulled all my pre-cut full width strips, and was able to make a smaller quilt, only 5 x 6 blocks.  I even used leftover binding strips for both quilts too!

Check out other's progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.


  1. Both of these quilts are gorgeous!! Congrats on getting them done!!

  2. Great finishes, Susan! Love the color flow in the Ripple quilt.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.