Sunday, March 13, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  92.75 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  7.75 yards
Net used 2016  85 yards

This week was spent with some sewing, a friend's birthday party and a fish fry, when DH's band entertained on Friday evening at a local church hall.  My latest project, using a piece of  "faux quilt" fabric that I've had for many years, needed borders.  I made lots of flying geese blocks and have them circling the centre of the quilt.  I made scrappy binding, using the remaining peach, yellow and green fabric, but I'm waiting for the arrival of some backing fabric.  I'll claim it when it arrives.
We've been busy preparing for our guests who arrive on Tuesday.  The sofa bed has been unfolded, and the bed made, ready for tired children.  Our small guest room had to be cleared.  I use the dresser to store fabric, and DH has adopted it to store his many guitars, amplifiers, music stands, guitar stands, monitors, etc., that are in regular use all winter.  We also took the opportunity to look at the items stored in the closet, and we will have an extra trash bag to place on the curb on Monday! 
I also tidied my sewing area.  I packed up some of the fabric that was leftover from my finished quilts, and trimmed some of the smaller pieces into strips and squares.  The top of one of my small bins finally became unusable.  It had been damaged on a trip when DH was bringing a structure south for his garden railway.  It was great to place its contents into a brand new bin, and this one has a locking lid!   I'll be lucky to have more that a few minutes to sew during the next week+.  
I just made a cocoa krispie roll for the upcoming week,(recipe found on the recipe tab).  After I formed the roll, I cut it in half, and gradually rolled each piece into a thinner and longer roll.  They are delicious, but rich, and smaller servings will make them last longer!  I'll be cooking a turkey tomorrow which will be handy for making quick salad dinners, and sandwich lunches.  We also have to pick up the last minute groceries, including some fresh strawberries.  Too bad I don't have time to go to one of the pick-your-own farms in the area.

Check out all the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.