Thursday, March 20, 2014

SPINNING MY WHEELS!

That's what I feel like lately!  We had adult guests for over 2 weeks, and I managed to do a tiny bit of sewing, and attend my Wednesday quilt group.  Then we had friends visiting with 2 small girls.  We went to all 4 Disney parks over a 10 day period, with alternate days of shopping, swimming, mini golf, golf cart rides etc.  Needless to say, my cover remained on my machine for the duration of the visit, and I missed both Wednesdays, but everyone managed just fine at quilting.
It has taken me a few days to get caught up - laundry, cleaning, sleep, etc.  I managed to get to quilting on Wednesday, then out on an adventure with some friends today.  DH has been looking at our "closing the house for the summer" list, and has begun taking care of some of the items. We'll be hitting the road, van packed in just over 2 week!  

Where did the winter go?  (I know - we didn't have to suffer the endless snow and ice, but I'm sure there will be some left when we return!)

I have 3 of the 4 borders for my hexagon quilt ready to attach, and I was hoping to find some backing fabric today, but nothing climbed into my shopping bag today.  I also found out that my favourite quilt shop's 30% off sale takes place the day we depart......
I guess that means that a stop at Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC is in my future!

I still have a few days to sew before serious packing begins, so there is hope yet!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you will have winter when you get home - I keep hearing so many from Canada talking about feet of snow still on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...............but nothing climbed into my shopping bag today.............I love that. Sounds like you had lots of company. Plenty of time to get back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.