Saturday, November 16, 2013

OUR FAMILY VISIT IS OVER....

DH and I were both sad to see our son and his wife head into the airport this afternoon.  We had a wonderful visit, and enjoyed spending some quality time with our newest daughter-in-law.  We had full, fun days, spending a few days at Disney World and the Space Center.  It was her first visit to Florida, and about half our days were unscheduled, so there was plenty of time for swimming, walks, feeding turtles, shopping, chatting, watching movies etc.
The weather was cooperative too - a few light showers Friday evening, and a light rain overnight and this morning, while the major packing was taking place.  The second leg of their trip will be in the air in about 5 minutes!  They'll have Sunday to unpack and get organized for work.  I'm sure their kitty will welcome them home (she's had the company of DDIL's sister for the past 2 weeks).

DH and I are taking it easy this evening.  Tomorrow I'll get caught up on laundry and cleaning, and may even find a bit of time to spend at my sewing machine.  I have managed to sew some hexagons this week, but only a few!  Once I get my paperwork caught up, I'll be back posting on Hexagon Friday, Stash Report Sunday, and Design Wall Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.