Sunday, April 4, 2021

STASH REPORT AND NEW PROJECT

 Fabric used this week  4 yards

Fabric used year to date  48.5 yards

Fabric added this week  4.5 yards

Fabric added year to date  4.5 yards

Net fabric used 2021  44 yards

I finished the 2 sets of four place mats, doing a quick turn finish, and machine quilting each set.  These will be set aside for the boutique at my guild's next quilt show, hopefully in June 2022.

I was looking for a new project to start, and found a book panel with cute animals, and some coordinating fabric that was purchased at the same time.  I was fortunate to win a draw for a $50 shopping spree at Quilt Retreat Thyme in Kingston.  I picked up some fabric to  coordinate with the book panel, as well as some more guitar fabric to make some new masks for my husband.

I found the panel for the cloth book in my stash, along with a yard of the coordinating numbers print that I used in the final border.  The hot pink that frames the blocks/pages, and the bright yellow cornerstones was my new fabric.  The rest came from my stash.
I have been an avid collector of stripe fabrics, as they are wonderful for bindings, plus I do have an all stripe fabric quilt on my to-do list.  I liked this stripe so much, I bought a few yards of it, but most are around 1 yard cuts.  This one has all the colours in the quilt!  

Now I have to hunt for backing fabric.  Since this will go to my granddaughter, I plan on putting flannel on the back, as she loves cuddly fabrics!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.