Friday, June 28, 2019

BACK QUILTING AGAIN.......

Yesterday, I finally started a new project.  It is a quilt I have made many times, but wanted to make for our granddaughter.  She will be 1 in September, and I like to make things in advance!

The pattern is from Quiltmaker No.88 Nov/Dec 2002, called Flock of Dreams.  I made the sheep blocks with a variety of green backgrounds, cutting my sheep from white fleece, and machine appliqueing each to the fabric.   DH suggested that I make one black sheep.  The one with the black hooves is also his suggestion, as he always tell the kids his second verse of the nursery rhyme.  "Mary had a little lamb, its hooves were black as soot, and into Mary's bread and jam, its sooty foot he put!"

The alternate block is a simple 9-patch, which I made with some larger floral fabrics, and WoW.

I'm off to press the 9-patches, then play with a layout on my design wall.  

It feels good to be back at my sewing machine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.