Monday, April 4, 2016

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I'm in mid pack, which means that there are piles of things everywere.  I brought some "kits" south in the fall with plans to complete them, but totally forgot that I had left several the year before!  I decided to sort through everything, and decide which ones were remaining again this time.I thought that pictures might help me to remember next fall, when I begin packing once more.  These are all baby quilts, mostly using panels I have collected over the years.  
Kit 1 is a narrow panel, and I've left an assortment of green fabric, along with a gold with colourful stars.  The fabric on the right will be binding, and the flannel is white with tiny green dots.
Kit 2 is a baby panel based on Twinkle Little Star.  It is very pastel, and the stripe on the left will be binding, with the baby print flannel will be the backing.
Kit 3 is a panel of calico animal toys, and shares the same binding and backing fabric.
Kit 4 is a panel with toys riding on a train, and the backing is a train print flannel that I've had for some time.  The binding will be made from the primary coloured stripe. 








Kit 5 is a cute panel  with pink gingham backing flannel.  I'll have to hunt for an appropriate binding fabric - I'll check my stash when I return north.

Hopefully I'll remember that they are here waiting to be made when we are ready to return next fall.

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.


1 comment:

  1. Memories are not what they use to be! Good luck with remembering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.