Friday, February 26, 2010

More Plaid

 
After stitching the finished blocks together and pin-basting the quilt, I had to come up with a quilting plan.
I began by stitching in the ditch around all the star shapes.
Then I decided to quilt a spiral in the centre of the beige stars, with figure eight style loops extending into each point.  
I used a thread colour that matched the contrast in the plaid, matching the bobbin to the top thread.
As the backing of this quilt is large pieces of assorted plaids, I thought that the different thread colours would add another design element to the finished quilt.
In this type of quilt, I repeat the design in all matching parts.
BTW, I am quilting this on my Juki, by hand-guiding the quilt, without the use of a frame. 

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.