Saturday, April 24, 2021

ZOOM WORKSHOP DAY

 My guild members have been missing our monthly workshops.

Today was our first official boutique Zoom workshop, guided by one of our members.  Seventeen of us were ready to sew at 9:30 a.m.  We used the pattern "Twice as Nice double pouch II" by Geta.  The pattern is in PDF format, and is downloadable here.

Geta's pattern is wonderful, with 20 pages of instructions, lots of pictures, diagrams, helpful hints and includes fabric requirements for 3 different sizes.

I chose my fabric to match the available zippers I had!


I used some fusible batting on the exterior fabric, which I cut a bit larger, machine quilted, and then trimmed to the correct size.

The interior pouch, made in coordinating dots, is just made with 2 layers of fabric.  Several members of the group were worried about adding a zipper, but the instructions were clear and easy to follow.  

By noon, there was a  variety of pouches completed!

Thanks go to Mary Lou, for suggesting this pattern, and guiding us all along the journey.  It was fun to see all the completed pouches in the large variety of fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.