Friday, April 23, 2021

FINALLY FINISHED

 I've been working on the quilt for my granddaughter, but this past week has had many interruptions, so I only made a tiny progress each day.  Finally finished the last stitch, checked for stray threads and took a couple of pictures!


I cut apart the pages of a cloth book panel, and trimmed them all to the same size.  Each was framed in hot pink, with bright yellow corners.

I decided to add a narrow blue sashing with green corner squares.

When I found the panel, I also found a coordinating number print, so I used that for the final border.


I found the perfect stripe fabric in my stash for the binding, and I used flannel on the back, so it would be cosy.

Quilting was done by stitching in the ditch with monofilament thread, then I outlined the number and the animals in each block.

Leaves zig-zag in the pink frames, and small loops in the blue sashing.

I am looking forward to spending time with my granddaughter, finding the numbers, talking about the animals the colours in the quilt.

DH and I have our first Covid vaccine, but as we are in Canada, the second dose is being postponed for 4 months, as they are struggling to get the first dose into as many arms as possible.  We are also in a lockdown, and discouraged from leaving our own area, so trips to visit the grandkids is a while away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.