Thursday, February 25, 2021

FUN ZOOM WORKSHOP

 Saturday morning, 18 quilters were on Zoom, ready to start at          9 a.m.  Everyone enjoyed sewing in their own space, not carrying sewing machines, and all the extra necessary items to a different location.  It was also a good way for some of our newer members to be able to put a face to the name, a difficult task with a large group!

Of course, everyone worked at their own pace, and several needed some extra help, but everyone had a good time, including me!

By the end of our session, all the runners were just waiting for the binding.  We each shared our project before signing off, and I asked for a picture to be sent to me, so I could share all of them at our next meeting.


I chose to make mine Easter on one side, and Valentines Day on the other.  I love the binding that also matches each side!

This was a trial workshop for my guild, and everyone's opinion was asked, and although there are benefits to holding our normal workshops, I think the safety for our members in these extraordinary times outweighed the difficulties in showing the fine details, or being able to help the fastest in the room continue to the next step ahead of others, or being able to help new quilters with some of the details and terms that they may not be familiar with.    We are hoping to be able to book some workshops on Zoom in the future.

Now I'm back to my string piecing project........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.