Friday, February 19, 2021

ASSEMBLING BLOCKS AND UPCOMING ZOOM WORKSHOP

 I have finally begun assembling the blocks for my string pieced quilt.  There were so many parts to make, and I've been making them in groups of 10, to make it easy to keep track of how many I have finished.


While making one of the parts for the project, you end up with 320 half square triangles, so I can see more red and neutral projects in my future!

In between, I've been working on the pattern, and preparing my samples for a zoom workshop that I am holding for members of my guild  tomorrow.  We are making a table runner, and I have taught the pattern several times before to my Florida quilting group.  I sent out cutting instructions to all the members that registered a while ago, so they could find fabric during out latest lock down for Covid 19.  The final instructions were emailed yesterday, and some of the group are anxious to get started, but I asked them to wait until tomorrow morning!

I've been reading about all the people suffering from the deep freeze in the US, along with power outages.  Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, and warm up soon.  We have been lucky this winter.  We live on the north shore of Lake Ontario, near the east end, and although we have had several snow storms, the amount of snow that has accumulated so far isn't too bad.  Often the snow drifts south of us, and we just catch the edge of the storm.  I can remember years when we had almost hip-deep accumulations.  This is our first winter at home in over 20 years, and since we are spending most of our time at home, due to the virus, we choose when to go shopping, and will cancel appointments if the snow is extreme.  I had to learn how to drive in snow all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.