Sunday, May 16, 2021

STILL KEEPING BUSY!

My stash reports have been very irregular this year.  I have been sewing almost every day, but stopping to make various items for the boutique at my guild's next quilt show.  We had a "boutique workshop" on Saturday, let by one of our members.


We made iPad pouches, which are self-lined.  I used some remnants left over from my former life making draperies etc.

 

The group also made cell phone stands, but as my internet was acting up, and Zoom was freezing for the last half of the workshop, I didn't make any of these.  I found instructions on the internet, so I plan on making a couple for the boutique, as well as for some friends.

My lastest project has been cutting and sewing the top of Mosaic.  It is made from rectangles, with a few squares added in at the ends of some of the rows.  I used one of my leftover bins of scraps, and used over half of all the dark strips!  This is a free pattern found at the Quilted Twins website.

The top is currently folded and clipped to a hanger, as I go hunting for backing fabric.
 

Our previous boutique workshop, found everyone making a  zippered pouch in pouch.  Some of the participants had never installed a zipper before, but the pattern by Geta Grama, was very easy to follow.  The interior pouch divides the space into 3 areas, and is sewn into the side and bottom seams of the pouch.  I did some quilting on the exterior pouch, following the design of the fabric.  I plan on making more like this one, but I have to order some more zippers, as I have lots of short ones in my stash, but I'm running low on longer ones!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.