Thursday, March 25, 2021

MAKING BOUTIQUE ITEMS

 My quilt guild is hoping to be able to hold our show in 2022, after postponing it due to Covid 19.  We always have an extensive boutique, and have run workshops to make items in the past.

We held our first Zoom boutique sew-day on Tuesday, with everyone working on their own items.  It was fun, stitching and chatting with friends, and sharing ideas for items to be made.  We are hoping to run workshops for some of the more difficult items in the near future.

I decided to pull out a favourite pattern, and made 2 sets of 4 placemats, tops only so far.  The pattern is called "Take Four" by Cary Flanagan.  A set of four tops requires four fat quarters, so when I find some that coordinate nicely, I set them aside for future sets.


 

 

Now I have to find suitable backing fabrics, and get these quilted and set aside in my "boutique" box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.