Wednesday, May 22, 2019

TRYING TO CATCH UP

We've both been busy since our return home.  Medical, dental and eye exams, along with various tests etc.  We've also had 2 extended visits with DS2 & family.  The last was to help them with some extra yard work, and to get their gardens ready for planting.  Our grandson (4) was a great help too!

I've attended a guild meeting, with my extra job of organizing the social group who helps at various jobs during the meeting, as well as providing snacks for the whole group.  I've also attended an executive guild meeting, bringing more snacks, and I spent the morning with the community quilt  group, and brought home 3 basted quilts to finish.  We had a new, more efficient water heater installed, and tomorrow our furnace and air conditioner are being inspected and cleaned.

The three quilts are quilted, and binding and labels are sewn on each.  I also cut out a baby dress for smocking for my granddaughter.  I have not done any for a long time, so had to stitch carefully,  so I didn't have to remove any stitches.
I also finished the top for my version of Bonnie Hunter's "Checkerboard Rails" quilt.  I also made a pieced backing.  Now I just have to clear my cutting table so I can pin-baste the quilt.

We planted 2 large pots with herbs, and picked up one tomato plant, but have to keep checking for the other variety that I like - they seem slow to arrive at the garden centre this year, but they normally arrive by May 24 (date of the last frost), and the long weekend was celebrated early this year.  We've noticed that some of our neighbours are getting the small beds in front of their homes cleaned up, new edgings, some plants etc.  The neighbourhood should look lovely when everything is blooming.  I had 4 tulips bloom that were missed by the squirrels.  They don't seem to bother the hyacinths or daffodils, and we've made a note to pick up more in the fall.

I'm off to sort all the bits and pieces on my cutting table - then I can get to work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.