Tuesday, April 2, 2019

SEWING IN CIRCLES!

Our time in our southern home is coming to an end.  Our final visitors have departed, and the guest room has become a space for staging all things that need to be packed for the trek north.

While we had visitors, we stashed items in every nook and cranny, to make their visit more enjoyable.  Now, we are getting everything out of hiding, and checking our lists of things that we need to take along.   There has been some shopping for small items, and even a couple of parcels shipped to us to bring home for family and friends.

I always find it difficult to work on a project at this time, but I still need some sewing time.  I looked at the past and current leader and ender challenges at Quiltville, and decided to give one or two a try.
Part of my shopping lately was to buy some Kona black and white fabric for Checkerboard Rails.  I cut rail pieces from some scraps that I had been given, along with some leftover 1 1/2 inch strips, and made a couple of sample blocks.
Then, I thought of Jewel Box Stars, the challenge for this year, so back to some scrap triangles etc., for a few block parts. 
Then, I remembered admiring the basket blocks that Bonnie had worked on during her last teaching trip.  I made a drawing on graph paper, and figured out what size I wanted to make, and thanks to the Essential Triangle Tool, I have 8 blocks completed!

I also decided to try the Canadian Quilters Association challenge - 
52 Blocks in 52 Weeks.  I had picked up fabric for project as well, this during my last shopping trip, and have the first 12 blocks completed.
Tomorrow is the last day my quilting group meets, and then I plan to clean and oil my sewing machine, and pack it into its case, so there will be no more distractions and I can get organizing!  DH and I are looking forward to the trip north, with a few side trips planned, and getting some grandchildren hugs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.