Friday, August 31, 2018

SOME QUICK PROJECTS

I made a few quick projects recently, just to get my quilting muscles exercised!

The first project was a baby quilt, made from a printed panel.  This will belong to my new grandchild, who will be making an appearance near the end of September.
I know this will get lots of wear, and washing, so I'll be making another for birthday #1.
Every year, my guild makes placemats for "Meals on Wheels" recipients.  They are distributed by the Victorian Order of Nurses in our community.  I use this quick pattern, that takes 4 fat quarters, and backing, with no binding.  I was gifted a stack of fat quarters, so I organized them in sets of 4, ready to make placemats whenever required.


 The final project is a dinosaur quilt for my grandson's new room.  The panel and coordinating print was made by Northcott several years ago.  DH insisted that we buy it to make "in the future".  I guess the time is now!
I stitched simple outlines of all the dinosaurs, and a bit of the landscape, as this will hang on his wall.
If you look closely, you can see the stitched dinosaur tracks in the border.  DH  provided the design, and and stitched them roaming around the border.  I used Superior's NiteLite thread, and it has a lovely glow in a dark room!  I can't wait to see his reaction......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.