Wednesday, May 23, 2018

ONE MORE BASKET

Making baskets is addictive.  I had a bit more time before dinner, and began wrapping selvedges again.  After dinner, and the clean-up, we were heading out to help a friend pick up some book cases, but they were not available until 8pm, so I continued to wrap.
This morning, I prepared dough for 2 loaves of bread, and then stitched the basket.
 This one finished 5 1/2 inches across the bottom, and 9 1/2 inches across the top.  It is a bit taller than the turqoise one I showed yesterday.  I just wrapped until I covered all the remaining clothesline in the hank.
I used a variegated thread with light gray-purple and green colours for the stitching.  This time, I stopped and stitched a coil with the last few inches of the piece, then continued to stitch, reinforcing the final area.  I also like to stitch once around the upper edge, as I like the finished look it provides.

This afternoon I have to get all my items organized for the boutique at the upcoming quilt show.  Somewhere I have to find the time to get them to the appropriate people!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.