Saturday, March 24, 2018

STASH REPORT AND MORE

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used  year to date  48.625 yards
Fabric added this week  22.5 yards!
Fabric added year to date  62.125 yards
Net used 2018  13.5 yards!

Since we are nearing the end of our time in the south, along with many of our friends, my quilting group went on an outing on Wednesday.  We visited Brandon FL, and made a stop at the big Joanns store there (I only replace a ruler!).  After our shopping, we headed to the Cheescake Factory for lunch.  None of us had room for cheescake!!!!!  While we were waiting to be served, I was presented a lovely card, and a bag of goodies!


They had each chosen a fat quarter or two or three, and after I had time to look at all the lovely bundles, I folded them to fit on my shelves, and counted 80 fat quarters!!!!!  It is their fault that I'm back in the red again.

Now to get sewing!

We then headed to Gigi's Fabric Shop, where we were greeted by Gigi and her lovely staff.  She  gave us a tour of the shop, and offered our group 10% off all the fabric etc., that we chose to take home!  Of course, I couldn't resist.
  I picked out 2 black and white prints to add to my collection, along with some vehicles and fish for future grandson items.  That accounted for the 2.5 yards in my report.



Next Wednesday will be our last week to get together and sew before I have to pack up all my quilting stuff, and get ready to close our house for a while.  We always feel sad to return north, but we are both looking forward to getting some real grandson hugs!

This past week I finished the top of my Diamond Hill project by Esther Aliu.  I decided to only complete the 4 blocks, and I changed the sashing etc., as I want to use it as a wall hanging.  I spent a couple of days piecing a backing for this project, and then DH and I pin-basted the quilt this morning, so I hope to begin quilting it soon.  The grey fabric is leftover backing from a previous project.  The green flowered print has been in my stash for 24 years - leftover from making 5 bridesmaid dresses for my niece's wedding.  They had full skirts, cut in gored panels, and the pattern of the fabric was directional, so there were many long triangle wedges of fabric remaining.  I've made items with some of the fabric over the years, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to use it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.